Monday, December 1, 2008

Merry Christmas Vegan Style


My boyfriend and I just finished decorating our Christmas tree last night without our puppy Gigi, a toy poodle, attacking a single ornament (thank God).
We had some Soy Nog that I found at Fortinos and it actually wasn't that bad. It is not as thick as regular egg nog but its still had that great cinnamony sweet taste. My boyfriend tried some and said he liked it initially, but then decided that it made him feel sick after. lol. I think its because he knew it had soy in it. lol.
I also bought some soy ice cream, mint marble fudge flavour to get us in that Christmassy kinda mood. lol. Yea I know I am cheesy. It was delicious! The next time I have it though I am planning to put some crushed up candy canes in it to resemble the traditional Candy Cane ice cream I used to eat.

Oh yes.... I almost forgot, I got a Tofurkey Feast for Christmas Dinner. Well... atleast for a part of Dinner, since i am pretty sure i'll be the only one eating it, lol!

1 comment:

chris said...

I tried these items you mentioned in your blog, the soy nog and ice cream, and have to agree. As a vegan myself, you dont always find items that so closely resemble the taste you were used to. I found both delicious and and cant wait to get a tofurkey. Please leave a comment about what you thought of your Christmas dinner and I will be sure to make a comment about my thoughts on it.